Thursday, December 4, 2014

How I Accidentally Became a Ghost Hunter.

It has been a busy couple of months. And in the last few weeks, I've heard the question: "You're doing what?!" more than once, especially from family members.

Since my last post, I have some news that I am very excited about. I got to go on a ghost hunt! A good writer friend of mine, Jessica Freeburg, founded a group called Ghost Stories, Inc. It is a group of children's writers and illustrators that turn to the paranormal to find inspiration. (Translation, the group goes on ghost hunts.) When Jessica asked me to come along on a night of filming for their documentary, I was all in.

It doesn't take much for me to get wrapped up in history. But take an afternoon of historical research, combine that with an overactive imagination and then put me in the dark basement of the place I just researched and I'll probably be writing ghost stories about it for the next year.

And now that I've gone with them, I can attest: No matter what your beliefs about the afterlife, when you sit in a building that has history oozing from the walls, it's inspirational. With a good dose of adrenaline thrown in for good measure. I was hooked.

But wait, it gets even better.

They asked me to join the group! I get to go again...and again! I am one lucky paranormal writer. I guess that also means I get to add "Ghost Hunter" to my ever-growing eclectic resume. And I can't wait to see what happens next.

No comments:

Post a Comment